Just 6 months remain until my Birthday marathon. I am beginning to hear more and more about this inaugural race here in my hometown, and it’s starting to get exciting.
Running clubs are talking about it, and flyers and posters are starting to appear in race bags around the area. I decided that I would run this race when I first heard about it, and now that it is only six months away, many people will be starting to think about training plans through the winter. I plan on running another marathon in the late winter, so this race will piggyback on that one, training wise.
There are so many thoughts and opinions about Rock n Roll sponsored events. I’ve hear the good, the bad, and the down right ugly. Everyone has a right to have an opinion. If you have run one, I would like to get your opinion. Did you love it? Did you despise it? I’ve only run one other Rock n Roll race thus far, and it was in Las Vegas, back in 2011. I ran the Half Marathon, and really enjoyed it. Mid and back of the packers did not. I am also getting ready to run that event again, although this time, I am running the Full 26.2. That race is now just a short 34 days away. In fact, I am flying to Vegas a month from today.
So tell me, do you like Rock n Roll events?
- Brooklyn Rock N’ Roll 10K Recap (liveandbeawesome.com)
- Post Rock n’ Roll San Jose (tyleruylu.com)
- Rock & Roll Marathon, September 29th – Register Now! (thefederalhillgazette.com)
- Runner dies during Rock “N” Roll Half Marathon (wtkr.com)
- Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon This Sunday (cheesmanparkadvocacygroup.wordpress.com)