Funny that I’ve heard the calliope music of ice cream trucks the last two days, because isn’t this the cold season? Isn’t this the time to bundle up on the couch in a nice warm house, watching the snowfall outside? Maybe your in a place on the map like me, where it doesn’t snow that often, or at all. Maybe you can get outside all year, and run to your hearts content. I know I do.
As the Chsitmas season comes on full force, I am forced to come up with a list, because after all, you-know-who will be checking that list, not once but twice. Santa Claus! What could a junkie runner want that’s worthy of jotting down on a wish list for Santa? A few things come to mind…..
1. Another new pair of running shoes. Asics Cumulus size 9.5 please.
2. I dreadfully need new running shorts, because all the vinegar in the world can’t take the stink out of the ones I currently own. And not just one pair of 5-7 inch inseam running shorts, how about 5 or 6 pairs Santa?
3. Entry fees into a Half dozen marathons for 2015. A can name quite a few off hand, and if you need websites, Santa, just let me know.
4. A check to cover my travel expenses to places like Colorado, Chicago, NYC, etc., for my mini racecations next year.
5. A new Garmin…. One with all the bells and whistles…. One that will work consistently for more than a year, please.
And finally…. The big one Santa! The one I really want more than any other gift this Christmas. If you must forego on #’s 1-5 due to the expense, I understand, but if you do, you must bring me #6.
6. Please, please, please……..